Hello!

Hello long lost friends! I cannot believe it has been nearly two years since I posted. Wow! Time has flown by.

I thought I'd take a moment to say hi and to share some updates on what's been happening over here. After focusing on recipes, stories, and images for this space for 7 years, I didn't want to simply vanish!

Beyond the full-on craziness of the state of the world, and the personal surrealness of having a kid going off to college, I've also been busy working on some amazing projects and I thought I'd share a few highlights, like my new studio (pictured above!). And if you really want to dive into a full array of my most recent work, hop on over to my photography website - that's where all the action is...



  ...................

Deborah Madison's In My Kitchen: two years ago when Ten Speed Press reached out to ask if I'd be interested in shooting Deborah's new book, I nearly fell out of my chair. Deborah is one of my biggest food heroes and the notion of working on her new book was a dream. Last week In My Kitchen was nominated for a James Beard Award, so it seems like the perfect moment to celebrate! If you don't already have a copy of In My Kitchen, run to get one now. Deborah's recipes are beautiful, simple, flavorful, soulful... everything you'd want to cook.






 ......................

The Berkeley Bowl Cookbook: Another project that resonated with the roots of my love of cooking was photographing the Berkeley Bowl Cookbook. Working with an all local crew made this project even more special. Keep your eye out for this one! It comes out next month.

 ..................

And in the meantime, I've been building out a studio space in my back cottage. After years of shooting everything in my house (!), it's heavenly to have a real, dedicated, full studio. I was super stoked that Remodelista recently featured the space in their Kitchen of the Week column.

Hope you all are well!
xoxo
E

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping in touch. Still using and loving your cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Ustabahippie, that makes me so happy to hear. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hey Erin, great to see your update in my inbox. Stunning photos, as always.

    ReplyDelete

So good to hear from you... I appreciate each and every note you leave for me!

Thanks,
E